Sunday, December 16

More thoughts on waiting...inch by inch


One of the things about I have realized during our adoption process is how badly I want to control things. It is easy to think that God has let us fall through the cracks. While I know this isn't true in my head, my heart feels differently sometimes.
Our pastor has been doing a series about leaning into our longings, and how we develop intimacy with God during times of waiting. I have been learning to develop a heart that is at peace with God's plan.

A couple of weeks ago I was honored to have several close friends and family hold a prayer night for Brent and I for our adoption and all of the details surrounding it. This was probably one of the most meaningful nights I have ever experienced. There were many specific requests that night, but one of the special prayers that my mind keeps going back to was for this "divine appointment" that will take place between us and the child or children that God has for us. When I think of our adoption in this way, it is very exciting to know that God has planned each detail including the timing.

This picture was taken on a short hike that we took this past summer. It is a tiny little inch worm crossing a big log...We enjoyed watching this little guy's determination with every inch. I chose it for this entry because it reminded me about enjoying the "journey." So many times it is easy to get impatient with the outcome that we forget to enjoy the beauty along the way.


1 comment:

JennJo said...

Glad you're blogging and that you've had some encouragement during this time of waiting and expecting and letting God work. Merry Christmas. Hope its full of the joy of being with people you love and the expectation of the Savior coming again.

Maui

Maui
flower

Memories

Italy trip

I have been going through my pictures, and have enjoyed looking at this album of Italy. I was able to go over last year to attend a conference. This was the first time I have been back in twenty years. The pictures are made up mostly of places we lived as a family. My brother and I were able to go together, and we were graciously hosted by some friends of ours from language school in Perugia. I feel such a sense of nostalgia when I look at these pictures. I miss Italy so much. It was strange to go back as a tourist knowing I would be returning to the US after such a short time. Tonight I made cookies with Nutella in them, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the simple pleasures. Fortunately, you can find it here! Saturday, we are going up to my brother's house to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, only we will be making homemade tortellini instead of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!