Saturday, December 8

Starting the adoption journey

Dear friends and family,

We have decided to start a blog so that we can keep you updated on our adoption process as we have now officially completed the requirements and are on the waiting list. We have been blessed by so many of you that have supported us through prayer and encouragement. We would love to invite you to check in when you have time in case we don't get a chance to connect and give you updates personally. We also covet your prayers as we wait for the child or children that God has for us.

The last step of our process was on Thursday of last week. We had our final meeting with our placement coordinator. The visit went very well, and we felt great about the connection that we had with her. We will continue to keep you updated as new things happen. Thank you again for your prayers.

Blessings~
Brent and Darlene

2 comments:

SummerDawn said...

Wow! What an awesome idea. I am so glad that you decided to start this blog. Thanks for including us and keeping us posted on your adoption process. Happy Holidays! The Stevens Family (Can't wait to see you on new Year's Eve!)

Aunt Shirley & Uncle Ernie said...

Dear Darlene and Brent

Thank you for making it possible for us to share in the exciting adventure of you becomming new parents. What a privilege.

We know God, in his perfect will, has everything arranged and we can just relax now and watch the whole thing unfold.

May you have a wonderful, blessed Christmas and may this be the last one without the sound of little feet scampering around the tree.

lots of love, hugs and blessings,
Aunt Shirley and Uncle Ernie

Maui

Maui
flower

Memories

Italy trip

I have been going through my pictures, and have enjoyed looking at this album of Italy. I was able to go over last year to attend a conference. This was the first time I have been back in twenty years. The pictures are made up mostly of places we lived as a family. My brother and I were able to go together, and we were graciously hosted by some friends of ours from language school in Perugia. I feel such a sense of nostalgia when I look at these pictures. I miss Italy so much. It was strange to go back as a tourist knowing I would be returning to the US after such a short time. Tonight I made cookies with Nutella in them, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the simple pleasures. Fortunately, you can find it here! Saturday, we are going up to my brother's house to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, only we will be making homemade tortellini instead of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!