Wednesday, December 19

Tis the season!

I can't believe that Christmas is almost here! This year has gone by so fast, and so much has happened in our own lives and in the lives of people we love.

I sometimes have mixed feelings about this time of year. There is part of me that loves the festivities, watching children get so excited about everything, and being able to admire the beauty of lights, glittering trees and of course all of the holiday food.

On the other hand, this time of year reminds me that there are many who are lonely because they have lost loved ones, depressed because of unfulfilled dreams and disillusioned with life.

As I write this entry, I wonder how you are doing during this season. My prayer for you is that you will know that you are loved and accepted by God, and that whatever your situation, you will feel His warm embrace. I pray that you will know that you are a unique and beautiful part of His creation.

If you are experiencing loss and sadness, know that every tear that falls is acknowledged by Him. (Psalm 56:8) "You keep track of all my sorrows, You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book."


I will close for now...Thank you again for allowing me to share my thoughts with you tonight. This is most therapeutic :)

3 comments:

biscuit said...

Hi Sweetie
I love the blog. It is my first one to ever visit!

I am glad you are all finished and now only waiting....I know the "process" has been stressful. Now you just wait on the Lord! It is awesome to think that someone right now may be carrying the child He has for you and Brent. I pray at this moment for His divine touch on that baby....to keep him safe and growing to full term...and then to have a peaceful arrival. I pray for that precious mother who is giving her child so that he may have a better life with you and Brent.What a gift!

I hope the holidays are happy and you get some snow!

I love you
Marie

johnandkatie said...

I love your blog. What a great message of encouragement and hope! Thanks for opening up yourself and allowing others to see God's love through you! I miss seeing you, let me know if you want to hang out over the break.
Love, Katie

Val said...

Hi Darlene and Brent,

Your mom gave me your blog address the other evening when your dad and she, with the Koinonia class, were here for caroling and fellowship. It was so good to see them again. Your blog will be a wonderful way of keeping track of your adoption process. From our household to yours, we wish you a blessed and merry Christmas, as you await the arrival of your sweet little one, and we pray for that to happen soon.

With love from all,
John, Vivien, John Jr., and Val Silk

Maui

Maui
flower

Memories

Italy trip

I have been going through my pictures, and have enjoyed looking at this album of Italy. I was able to go over last year to attend a conference. This was the first time I have been back in twenty years. The pictures are made up mostly of places we lived as a family. My brother and I were able to go together, and we were graciously hosted by some friends of ours from language school in Perugia. I feel such a sense of nostalgia when I look at these pictures. I miss Italy so much. It was strange to go back as a tourist knowing I would be returning to the US after such a short time. Tonight I made cookies with Nutella in them, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the simple pleasures. Fortunately, you can find it here! Saturday, we are going up to my brother's house to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, only we will be making homemade tortellini instead of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!