Saturday, June 26

Cat-tales

For me the biggest challenge of writing a blog is coming up with topics that I think will be interesting to read while living what I think is a pretty average day to day life. All throughout the day, I wonder what to write about.  I love unwinding at the end of the day with my computer and my thoughts.

Today I had the dreaded task of taking my youngest cat, Bella to the vet.  Fortunately, I only have to do this once a year, because it is not fun for anyone - especially Bella.

Her appointment was actually set for yesterday, but she must have sensed it was approaching, so she "magically" disappeared.  I looked everywhere for her, but to no avail.  As the scheduled time approached, I had to give up because she was nowhere to be found.  I called the vet's office and told them I could not find her.

Normally, Bella is like my shadow. She never strays too far from me, and anytime she hears running water, she comes running.  The way she disappeared in such a timely manner yesterday convinced me that animals are intelligent, and they can sense when something unpleasant is about to happen like getting their temperature taken from behind, and vaccinations.

Right after I cancelled her appointment and rescheduled it for the next day, she casually walked out of her hiding place with a smug yet innocent look on her face.

The main thing that came from this visit to the vet was that my cat has gingivitis thanks to something hereditary.  So now in addition to my daily schedule, I get to spend time brushing her little teeth.  This is not an easy task, as it is her back gums that have the problem.

Cats really don't like having their little mouths pried open, but hopefully next year she will pass her dental exam, and I won't get scolded by the vet for not brushing my cat's teeth.      

No comments:

Maui

Maui
flower

Memories

Italy trip

I have been going through my pictures, and have enjoyed looking at this album of Italy. I was able to go over last year to attend a conference. This was the first time I have been back in twenty years. The pictures are made up mostly of places we lived as a family. My brother and I were able to go together, and we were graciously hosted by some friends of ours from language school in Perugia. I feel such a sense of nostalgia when I look at these pictures. I miss Italy so much. It was strange to go back as a tourist knowing I would be returning to the US after such a short time. Tonight I made cookies with Nutella in them, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the simple pleasures. Fortunately, you can find it here! Saturday, we are going up to my brother's house to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, only we will be making homemade tortellini instead of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!