Tuesday, August 3

Nutella Ravioli

The other day, I heard someone say that "When you share a meal with someone, you are making a statement that they are the most important use of your time." I couldn't agree more, as I love sharing meals with friends and family in a relaxed, non-hurried way.

For me, one of the most enjoyable aspects of entertaining is figuring out what to prepare for a meal with friends. I love sitting down with several cookbooks, going through them, and seeing what will look and taste good.

Last week, we had a BBQ with our neighbors, and we enjoyed being together as their two sons entertained us. Avi and Sandor are two of the cutest kids ever! And yes, I say that about all kids, but they really are full of amazing personality! I had set up my computer for them to watch a movie while we adults were talking. Before I knew it, the boys were using the camera on my computer, taking pictures of themselves making funny faces. They were so much more computer savvy than I, even on my own computer. Sandor was most excited to show me the picture he had taken of his belly button.

Dinner was lovely, simply Costco steaks and a beautiful salad that our neighbors brought over. I didn't put as much thought into the dinner, because I was really excited about a dessert I found.

I found a recipe in a cookbook by Giada De Laurentis for Nutella Ravioli. This recipe was fun to make, easy and so delicious!

These tasty morsels are basically square won-ton wrappers filled with nutella, fried on each side for a few seconds until they are warm and gooey on the inside, brown and crispy on the outside, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.

After dinner, I got to snuggle with the boys on the couch for a movie. It was a wonderful evening, and I found another fun dessert for my repertoire!

No comments:

Maui

Maui
flower

Memories

Italy trip

I have been going through my pictures, and have enjoyed looking at this album of Italy. I was able to go over last year to attend a conference. This was the first time I have been back in twenty years. The pictures are made up mostly of places we lived as a family. My brother and I were able to go together, and we were graciously hosted by some friends of ours from language school in Perugia. I feel such a sense of nostalgia when I look at these pictures. I miss Italy so much. It was strange to go back as a tourist knowing I would be returning to the US after such a short time. Tonight I made cookies with Nutella in them, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the simple pleasures. Fortunately, you can find it here! Saturday, we are going up to my brother's house to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, only we will be making homemade tortellini instead of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!