Tuesday, October 19

On again, off again, on again

It has been awhile since I posted an adoption update. After a long break, we have gotten in touch with our agency, and are very excited to be moving forward again with the process. For awhile, we were discouraged because we were not hearing back from them, so we wondered if we should move on to another agency, or end the process completely after so many ups and downs. Recently we have been giving more and more consideration to ending the process all together. Each time we felt we had reached a firm decision, we would hear from our agency. As it turns out, they have been overloaded with couples, and understaffed.

After going back and forth several times, we have decided to move full speed ahead again. This will mean updating our home study, taking romantic trips downtown to be fingerprinted together, and completing background checks..(doesn't the sound of that just make your heart flutter?) and repeating several classes that will get us up to date.

I am leaving for Texas tomorrow, so the paperwork that we have to complete should be arriving sometime while I am away. Once I get home, I will have plenty of homework to do. I really am looking forward to it!

My goal this time around is to come up with creative ways to make the process more enjoyable. I hope to trust more, and complain less.

So, here we are once again. Once again, we need support, love and encouragement. You can be sure that we are here for you!

1 comment:

MommaMindy said...

Paperwork goes better if you are drinking a favorite cup of coffee or tea and can smell something nice like a candle. It's all in atmosphere. OK, that's not completely true, but it sounded kinda' Martha Stewarty, didn't it?

When I was in labor, the Lord always gave me a verse to endure. The adoption process is like your labor, ask the Lord for a verse to cheer on your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Looking forward to watching the Lord work!

Maui

Maui
flower

Memories

Italy trip

I have been going through my pictures, and have enjoyed looking at this album of Italy. I was able to go over last year to attend a conference. This was the first time I have been back in twenty years. The pictures are made up mostly of places we lived as a family. My brother and I were able to go together, and we were graciously hosted by some friends of ours from language school in Perugia. I feel such a sense of nostalgia when I look at these pictures. I miss Italy so much. It was strange to go back as a tourist knowing I would be returning to the US after such a short time. Tonight I made cookies with Nutella in them, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the simple pleasures. Fortunately, you can find it here! Saturday, we are going up to my brother's house to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, only we will be making homemade tortellini instead of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!