Thursday, August 11

Worth the wait



Tuesday night, my Mom, Brent and I went out to celebrate our new titles. In six weeks, I will be a Mom, Brent will be a Dad, and our parents will be Grandparents again. Our nieces and nephew will have a little cousin. It seems so surreal that I will be a mom after such a long wait.

Tuesday we went to the Doctor's visit. When the biological mom would talk about the baby, she would always refer to him as "your baby," or "Brent and Darlene's baby." This was so nice to hear. They even sent me a Mother's Day card a Father's Day card to Brent. They are incredibly thoughtful. We always prayed that we would be able to do this in order to feel connected and included in this journey. In addition, she has said that I could be in the delivery room!

People always told us that when the right situation came, the others that didn't work out would not be so painful. It was difficult to believe at the time, however, now when things have flowed so naturally with this adoption, I believe that it was worth the wait. We are extremely grateful for everyone who has prayed for us and encouraged us during this time.

Here are some favorite verses that I went back to during times of disappointment.

Psalm 94:19 "Lord when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer."

Isaiah 26:3-4 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, is the rock eternal."

4 comments:

borninseattle@blogspot.com said...

Darlene! How truly exciting and wonderful! I am so grateful for this precious baby and that he gets to have you as parents!

Darlene said...

Thank you, Katie! We are really looking forward to his arrival :)

anne said...

Darlene - I am so happy that God has wiped away your tears. You are a mom! Many blessings, Anne

Darlene said...

Thank you, Anne!

Maui

Maui
flower

Memories

Italy trip

I have been going through my pictures, and have enjoyed looking at this album of Italy. I was able to go over last year to attend a conference. This was the first time I have been back in twenty years. The pictures are made up mostly of places we lived as a family. My brother and I were able to go together, and we were graciously hosted by some friends of ours from language school in Perugia. I feel such a sense of nostalgia when I look at these pictures. I miss Italy so much. It was strange to go back as a tourist knowing I would be returning to the US after such a short time. Tonight I made cookies with Nutella in them, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the simple pleasures. Fortunately, you can find it here! Saturday, we are going up to my brother's house to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, only we will be making homemade tortellini instead of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!