Ingredients

Wednesday, October 11

SWEET!

I am thankful for so many things today; There are the usual things like a home, family, friends, etc..., but three things stand out to me that are all connected.

1). My husband
2). Amazon Prime, and lastly,
3). Cookbooks

What do these things have in common? Well, after I let me husband sample the dessert I made from the other day, he jumped on Amazon and ordered this amazing cookbook for me! That happened on Monday, and it was on my doorstep today. Now, there are several more recipes to try. In addition to these things, I am just feeling happy to have found a career I love, doing what I enjoy most, which is feeding people.

This cookbook is by Yotam Ottolenghi, who has another one called Jerusalem, which has lots of good Middle Eastern recipes.

Well, time to get my little guy to bed! Good night :)

No comments:

Italy trip

I have been going through my pictures, and have enjoyed looking at this album of Italy. I was able to go over last year to attend a conference. This was the first time I have been back in twenty years. The pictures are made up mostly of places we lived as a family. My brother and I were able to go together, and we were graciously hosted by some friends of ours from language school in Perugia. I feel such a sense of nostalgia when I look at these pictures. I miss Italy so much. It was strange to go back as a tourist knowing I would be returning to the US after such a short time. Tonight I made cookies with Nutella in them, and I remembered how much I enjoyed the simple pleasures. Fortunately, you can find it here! Saturday, we are going up to my brother's house to celebrate a late Thanksgiving, only we will be making homemade tortellini instead of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!